Thank you for your interest in becoming a life-saving foster parent for a homeless dog or puppy.
Please read carefully!
- You must be over eighteen (18) years of age and am interested in helping FOTA as a volunteer foster parent. All of your animals are current on their vaccinations. You understand that a FOTA foster will be vaccinated unless they are underage. You also understand that the history of most foster dogs are unknown and FOTA will not be responsible for any inadvertent exposure of the foster parent or their own animals for unknown diseases or other medical conditions. You knowingly accept the risk of myself and my own animals,
- You understand that FOTA expects foster parents to follow good hygiene practice at all times and strongly suggest keeping their foster animal isolated from other animals for 5-7 days when the animal is first introduced into the home.
- You will consistently bring your foster animal to scheduled adoption events as notified by FOTA on the website. You understand your animal must be adopted out through FOTA adoption procedures. If the foster animal is given away, lost, adopted or killed while in my care, you may be liable for the adoption fee.
- You pledge to continue providing foster care until such time as your foster dog is adopted. If you must go out of town for any reason, you will arrange for someone to come and stay with my foster dog or board the dog.
- A FOTA representative may visit your home before your application is approved or during the time you are fostering
- You understand that FOTA will not be liable for any injury or damage to persons or things caused by a foster animal in your care and agree to indemnify and hold FOTA harmless from any such injury or damage.